CMM Arms / Scanners for Rent
HTS has metrology solutions for the most challenging of projects and the expertise to help you with your task no matter where it is in the world.
Creaform HandySCAN 3D 700
The HandySCAN 3D™ is 25 times faster than previous generation units and 40% more accurate.
It’s a lightweight and truly portable metrology grade scanner weighing less than 1kg.
The HandySCAN 700 is hard to beat when it comes to comprehensive data collection for projects such as Reverse Engineering, Product Verification, Corrosion Mapping or Product Prototyping and it is quick to use too.
Contact HTS today to reserve / rent the Metrology equipment you need for your upcoming job, so you have the right tool for your job when you need it.
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in), resolution up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in), high repeatability and traceable certificate
- Accuracy in real life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environments have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy
- Reliable: consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary and takes about 2 minutes
- Stand alone: no need for any external positioning or reference system, arms or tripods
- Lightweight: Scanner weighs less than 1kg
Product Brochure: Creaform HandySCAN 3D Handheld Scanner
FARO CMM Arms
FARO Quantums V2 Arm
Available sizes: 2.5m, 3.5m & 12′
The Quantums is the most accurate FARO Arm ever produced and offers a high-level of accuracy that meets the most challenging tolerances.
The system delivers best-in-class performance for both hard probing and laser scanning applications.
Optional dual hot swappable batteries support prolonged cable-free operation of the device, making it easy to go to the part without the need for external power.
Features of the FARO Quantums Arm:
- Is ideal for advanced manufacturing: more efficient across highly demanding factory environments
- The FARO kinematic smart probes provide unparalleled user experience allowing for quick probe replacement without the need to recalibrate
- Leverages a new industrial-grade wireless capability delivering the best accessibility in a shop-floor environment
- Allows manufacturers to work faster and smarter
- Delivers better quality products and a significant reduction in rework and scrap
- Tested under the most extreme conditions to ensure consistent quality
- The accuracy & repeatability of the FARO Quantums Arm is unparalleled
“The FARO Quantums Arm helps manufacturers stay ahead of their competitors by empowering better quality assurance and ensuring maximum confidence in products and processes.”
FARO Quantums V2 ScanArm HD
Available sizes: 2.5m, 3.5m & 12′
Enhance the functionality of the FARO Quantums with the addition of the FAROBlu™ Laser Line Probe HD (LLP)*. When combined with an HD Laser Line Probe the Quantums Arm provides unparalleled non-contact capabilities, offering high-speed point cloud capture, superior resolution and high accuracy.
The Probe saves time: for example, the time to scan complex, dark, reflective materials is 5 times faster when using the Probe.
*When a Laser Line Probe (LLP) is attached to a FaroArm it becomes a ScanArm, capable of delivering up to 600K metrology points per second.
Further enhance the FARO Quantums Arm by adding the optional 8-Axis Scanning Platform making it one of the only eight-axis portable metrology arm solutions available on the market.
Maintain accuracy while decreasing your scan time by 40% with this ultimate CMM system.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for more information on the for 8-Axis Scanning Platform & Product Brochure.
FARO Edge FaroArm® – 9′
As the industry leader, FARO once again raised the bar in portable measurement with the revolutionary FARO CMM Arm.
The FARO Edge Coordinate Measuring Machine Arm is still one of the most advanced, state-of-the-art FaroArms® ever introduced. The FARO Edge features “SmartArm” technology with the first ever integrated personal measurement assistant. With its built-in touchscreen and on-board operating system, the Edge has revolutionized portable metrology by providing stand-alone basic measurement capability.
FARO Edge ScanArm HD – 9′
The FARO Edge ScanArm HD combines the flexibility and the functionalities of a FARO Edge measuring Arm with the high-definition Laser Line Probe HD creating a powerful contact/non-contact portable measurement system ideal for challenging application requirements.
FARO Edge ScanArm HD delivers rapid point cloud collection with extreme resolution and high accuracy without any special coatings or target placement – all in a compact and easy-to-use system.
The extra wide scan stripe and fast frame rate boosts productivity by increasing coverage and reducing scanning time. Intricate components can be captured in fine detail as a result of the 2,000 actual points per scanline and the new blue laser featuring noise reduction technology. Users can dramatically reduce required training time with the new crosshair feature and existing LED Rangefinder functionality, which provides real-time scanning feedback.
Accuracy ±25μm (±0.001 in) and a scan rate of 280 frames per second. 280 fps x 2000 points / line = 560,000 points per second.
The optional 8-Axis Scanning Platform can also be integrated with the FARO Edge Arms providing a natural extension of the FaroArm capability. The additional axis plugs directly into the FARO Arm for seamless integration. Some of the benefits include workspace optimization, operator effectiveness, high measurement speed, and reducing the number of movements required to complete the measurements. The tool is optimal for industries such as aerospace, automotive, metal fabrication, woodworking, plastics, toy manufacturing, molding and more.
Scroll down for 8-Axis Scanning Platform details & Product Brochure.
Product Brochure: FARO Edge ScanArm HD
FARO 8-Axis Scanning Platform
The optional 8-Axis Scanning Platform can also be integrated with the FARO Edge Arms providing a natural extension of the FaroArm capability.
The additional axis plugs directly into the FARO Arm for seamless integration.
Benefits include workspace optimization, operator effectiveness, high measurement speed, and reducing the number of movements required to complete the measurements.
The tool is optimal for industries such as aerospace, automotive, metal fabrication, woodworking, plastics, toy manufacturing, molding and more.
When renting from HTS the system comes with HandySCAN 3D™ scanner, Calibration Plate, Cables, Laptop and 2 boxes of positioning targets.
When renting from HTS the FARO arms come with the complete 7-Axis ARM, power supply, 3mm probe, 6mm probe, probe compensation cone, compensation sphere, Faro flash drive, 6” x 6” surface mounting plate, USB cable and sturdy Pelican case.
Tripods, Magnetic Mounts, LLPs, spare batteries & 8-Axis Turntable.
HTS Metrology Equipment
- Creaform HandySCAN 700
- FARO Quantums V2 Arm***
- FARO Quantums V2 ScanArm HD***
- FARO Edge FaroArm® - 9'
- FARO Edge ScanArm HD - 9'
***Available sizes: 2.5m, 3.5m & 12′
- FARO Vantages Tracker
- FARO Vantage Tracker
- Easy-Laser E950- C Bore Alignment System
- Easy-Laser E710- Shaft Alignment System
- CAM2 Measure 10
- Geomagic Wrap
- Spatial Analyzer (SA) Professional
- FARO 8-Axis Scanning Platform
- FAROBlu™ Laser Line Probe HD
- Laser Tracker Optical Tool Kit (1.5″ SMR Kit)
- Magnetic Mounts
– 6″ Magnetic Mount
– MAGIE Magnetic Mount
– Leapfrog Magnetic Cone Tips
- Tripods – portable, folding